PSP-Online
Come on! Don't wait anymore! Join now!

We need more members!! Help us!!!
PSP-Online
Come on! Don't wait anymore! Join now!

We need more members!! Help us!!!
PSP-Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSP-Online

PSP-Online [Sony PSP Mods and Hacks]

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full guide to installing CFW

Go down 
+2
№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊
Skipp-Bobo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skipp-Bobo
Administrator
Administrator
Skipp-Bobo

PSP Cash : 1000005

Full guide to installing CFW Empty
PostSubject: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Ok, so you want to unbrick or downgrade your PSP but don't have a PSP capable of running homebrew apps. No problem! In this tutorial I will show you how to modify the battery's hardware to make it activate service mode.

This is our victim. Please note that while this concept may work on non-Sony batteries, only official batteries are guaranteed to have the same internals, so we recommend using one.

STEP 1:
The first thing you need to do is obviously crack open the battery. Surprisingly, the battery isn't very hard to get in to. In this picture you can see that I'm just using a guitar pick to slide in through an edge and slide around the perimeter of the battery to seperate the two halves.

Full guide to installing CFW Openingbattery[img][/img]

STEP 2:

Next, we need to locate a certain chip. The chip has the model number S93C56 printed on it. We are going to need to desolder pin 5 and lift it off of the board. Here is a magnified view of the board, which shows where the chip is and which pin needs to be lifted.

Newer batteries have a much smaller board with a different layout. The same chip needs to have the pin lifted, but the chip is in a different position. Once you've located chip S93C56, the rest of the instructions are basically the same. This has been confirmed with the 2200 mAH Official Sony battery.

STEP 3:

If you are not confident in your soldering skills, have a less than steady hand or have a larger-than-optimal sized tip, please desolder the cell pack from the battery first. If you make contact between pins 5 and 6 then you will short ground to +3.6VDC! Not good! When desoldering the cell, only keep the iron on long enough to melt the solder. If you can, use a higher wattage iron so that the tip will be hotter, but you won't transfer as much heat to the cell pack. Remember that heat + Li-Ion battery = large explosion (t3h sux0r5, unless you get in on video. Twisted Evil Seriously though, this operation is not for the faint hearted, and should definitely not be your first soldering experience. I recommend trying your hand on lifting the pins on an N64 CPU chip. Surely if you spend enough time here you have a couple killed N64 mobos laying around. Razz)

Now is actually desoldering the pin. There are a few ways you could do this, but I think my method is the best because its less likely to damage components near by. Use an Xacto knife with a sharp tip and try to put it underneath the pin. Get somebody to hold a soldering iron (WITH A VERY FINE CONICAL TIP!) on the pin. When the solder melts you can pop the pin up with the knife. Be sure not to hold the iron on the board too long to avoid the lithium battery from getting too hot and exploding. When your done it will look something like this.

STEP 4:

Finally, close the battery's casing. Use some Krazy Glue to keep it closed, or just use electrical tape around the edges like I did. I don't actually recommend the electrical tape as it makes the battery very snug in the compartment and it takes a bit of force to get it out. You can use the battery just like a regular Pandora's battery. As for getting the Memory Stick files, I can tell you that they are out there and you can find them after a bit of Googling. However, I can't tell you exactly where to find them as they contain copyrighted Sony code, and sharing them is illegal.

How does this work?

The pin that we just lifted was actually the ground pin of the EEPROM. Removing this pin effectively shuts off the EEPROM. When the microcontroller inside the battery tries to read the EEPROM, it will think the EEPROM contains all 1s (in binary). This is because of the pull-up resistors on the data lines. So the microcontroller returns a serial number of 0xFFFFFFFF to the PSP, which then goes into service mode.

You can use an Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem! to create mem stick but format it first using mspformat

Another Method

One wire Pandora battery for slim or FAT

Full guide to installing CFW FATbattery

FAT BATTERY

Full guide to installing CFW SLIMbattery
SLIM battery

UPMS Ultimate Pandora Magic Stick Installer
http://www.jumpingimage.co.uk/PSP/UP..._Installer.cso

if link doesnt work do a google search on UPMS Ultimate pandora magic stick
download or installer

Installation:
1) Format Mem Stick in PSP
1) You need to have 150.PBP, 340.PBP, 371.PBP and UPDATE.PBP in the root of your mem stick in order to
install this. [Ex: F:\>]
2) Copy CSO to ISO folder
3) Run in Game XMB
4) Choose Trio Install

Some usage notes:
1) To boot (Phat Only) to XMB turn on PSP
2) To boot a Slim
---2.1) Power off and remove your battery.
---2.2) Insert P.U.M.S. and push power switch to HOLD.
---2.3) Now hold L and insert your Pandora Battery.
---2.4) Release L when the MS light or screen flashes.
---2.5) UL will automatically assign the 3.71 folders and launch DCv3.
3) To Boot a Phat to Ultimate Loader
---3.1) hold L on boot. or Hold L while turning on PSP

Warning:Your doing this on your own risk!!
Back to top Go down
https://psponline.darkbb.com
№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊
Limited Admin
Limited Admin

PSP Cash : 195

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:50 am

Very nice guide, but shouldn't this be somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Skipp-Bobo
Administrator
Administrator
Skipp-Bobo

PSP Cash : 1000005

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 am

№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊ wrote:
Very nice guide, but shouldn't this be somewhere else?
Forgot to mention it was taken off PSPmod. And move it the right place if you want, just dont fck it
Back to top Go down
https://psponline.darkbb.com
№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊
Limited Admin
Limited Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:01 am

Moved to Firmware Tutorials. I left it untouched.
Back to top Go down
Dylan

PSP Cash : 13

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 am

isnt the slim batt pandorized by sratching a line
Back to top Go down
№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊
Limited Admin
Limited Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:50 am

Yeah, that's how I did mine. But this probably works too.
Back to top Go down
Potticus
High Moderator
Potticus

PSP Cash : 143

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:46 am

Don't forget to add credits, although you have a post it's still not in the original.
Back to top Go down
Potticus
High Moderator
Potticus

PSP Cash : 143

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 pm

the link is dead.. you might as well reup the thing on a different site or replace the guide with your own Smile
Back to top Go down
TR1X
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
TR1X

PSP Cash : 134

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:14 am

Quote :
isnt the slim batt pandorized by sratching a line

I did both to mine, I am pretty sure both work separately.
Back to top Go down
№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊
Limited Admin
Limited Admin

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Well, I guess you can do whatever you want, then.
Back to top Go down
Coryn101
Great Banner Maker
Great Banner Maker
Coryn101

PSP Cash : 77

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:48 pm

yeah i use the line cutting metod to hack my psp slim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full guide to installing CFW   Full guide to installing CFW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full guide to installing CFW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PSP-Online :: Tutorials/Guides :: Firmware-
Jump to: