PSP-Online
Come on! Don't wait anymore! Join now!

We need more members!! Help us!!!
PSP-Online
Come on! Don't wait anymore! Join now!

We need more members!! Help us!!!
PSP-Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSP-Online

PSP-Online [Sony PSP Mods and Hacks]

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To Create A Custom Bootsound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coryn101
Great Banner Maker
Great Banner Maker
Coryn101

PSP Cash : 77

How To Create A Custom Bootsound Empty
PostSubject: How To Create A Custom Bootsound   How To Create A Custom Bootsound Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:52 pm

WARNING this is overwriting the flash 0 memory of your psp USE AT OWN RISK(this can cause bricking of a psp)also nor psponline or i am responsible for any damage done to your psp system. you MUST have a custom firmware psp for this to work.

To begin some of you might not know what a boot sound is,a boot sound is the noise your psp makes when it is turned on after a complete shut down.

1.to start you must download this zip file yours truly has uploaded.click here for link

2. Next unzip the file using winrar,alzip,or like and extract to a location of your choice.next install the apec3 codec by right clicking on the text file and picking install,also you must install using the .exe file(just double click it).also install the gold wave audio editor.the BSR (boot sound replacer) dosen't need to be installed just keep it in its own respective folder.

3.Next go to zedge.net(click here) and make a free account.after doing so go to the create option on the home page under free my phone now. when there click create voicetone, from their make what ever you want but remember a boot sound can only be 4 seconds long or less if you want it to play.also remember to save it in mp3 format.

4.Next open up the goldwave audio editor and open the file you made and downloaded from zedge.net.then in the goldwave audio editor go to FILE>Save As...>then save the filename as what ever you want.(IMPORTANT save the file as a wave file(*.wav) and have the attributes as follows-ATRAC 105kbps STEREO which can be selected in the Attributes drop-down list)

5.Then now that you have the custom .wav file open up the BSR(boot sound replacer) which is in the folder "bsr" included in the zip pack.from there make sure you are on the inject sound tab.On that tab select your firmware and then click browse.from there find the (*.wav) file you made earlier and the click save prx.(save it two where ever you want.)

6.WARNING BEWARE, this is where the dangerous stuff begins

turn your psp on into recovery mode.(for noobs this is when you turn your psp on while holding down the R trigger). from there go to Advanced-> Toggle Usb (Flash 0)and hook your psp up to your computer via usb cable

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANTmake copies of the original flash0, then make copies of the copies, and so forth. no joke your screwed if brick your psp editing the flash and you dont have copies of the original flash0 to restore it.(note:all the files in the flash0 may not be visible if you dont disable the "hide system folders option", in the tools>folder options menu)

after hooking up your psp and making copies of the original flash0, get the custom opening_plugin.prx file you made with BSR and place it in the module folder which you get to by going into */VSH/module with (*) being your psp.it will prompt you and ask if you want to replace the file,select yes.

thats it exit the recovery menu and year your cool new boot sound.(exmp. mine says"Welcome Cody, your psp has been activated") i hope this guide has helped you customize your hacked psp
Back to top Go down
TR1X
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
TR1X

PSP Cash : 134

PostSubject: Re: How To Create A Custom Bootsound   How To Create A Custom Bootsound Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Good job, basically the same way I did mine and my friends.
Back to top Go down
№ ₣ⁱ℟⨇₩ᗋ℟⨊
Limited Admin
Limited Admin

PSP Cash : 195

PostSubject: Re: How To Create A Custom Bootsound   How To Create A Custom Bootsound Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Nice, I may do this at some point, but I'm a little worried about my PSP bricking, especially after last time.
Back to top Go down
Coryn101
Great Banner Maker
Great Banner Maker
Coryn101

PSP Cash : 77

PostSubject: Re: How To Create A Custom Bootsound   How To Create A Custom Bootsound Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm

the bricking isnt a prob for me becase i have a pandora batt and i alwaya keep magic mem stick file on my psp so im always ready for a reinstall if somethin happens
Back to top Go down
Potticus
High Moderator
Potticus

PSP Cash : 143

PostSubject: Re: How To Create A Custom Bootsound   How To Create A Custom Bootsound Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm

he doesn't instead he buys a brand new psp Smile rofl he may have one now or he could have changed it back to a normal battery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Create A Custom Bootsound   How To Create A Custom Bootsound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Create A Custom Bootsound
Page 1 of 1